These orange fairy cakes are infused with a fresh, citrus orange flavour thanks to the zest and juice of an orange.
Not only are these orange fairy cakes gluten-free, but they are also dairy-free too. Use gluten-free flour and baking powder as well as dairy-free spread. These fairy cakes take just 15 mins to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. One fairy cake is just 260 calories.
This recipe would work just as well with standard baking butter, baking powder and plain flour. You could also try this recipe with lemon or lime instead for an extra tangy, citruses version.
You might also like… Mary Berry’s fairy cakesChocolate fairy cakesLemon fairy cakes
- 125g (4oz) gluten-free plain white flour
- 1 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 125g (4oz) dairy-free spread
- 90g (3oz) Fruisana fruit sugar, plus 1 extra tbsp (alternatively, use 125g/4oz caster sugar)
- 2 medium eggs
- Grated rind and juice 1 large orange
- 8 muffin tins, lined with fairy-cake paper cases