Peppery watercress is a healthy addition to any dish – it’s packed with vitamins and minerals and counts as one of your 5-a-day. Paired with plenty of chopped veg and bulked out with tasty grains, it’s the wonder ingredient in this tasty tabbouleh. Whether you serve it at your next barbecue, bring it along for a picnic, or pop it in packed lunches, it’s a quick, simple recipe that you can enjoy all season long.
- 125g bulgar wheat
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped (or 1 small red onion)
- 2 heads of red chicory (about 140g) or 1 small head of fennel, finely sliced
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium oranges – zest and juice from 1, and the other segmented
- 2 x 75-100g bags fresh watercress, roughly chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved