This British asparagus and pea risotto recipe serves two and takes just 10 minutes to prep.
This creamy British asparagus and pea risotto is a great seasonal dish and perfect for vegetarians. Asparagus and peas are a great start to getting those oh so important vegetables into your diet, feel free to not stop there and throw in any additional veggies you might have lying around the fridge.
Stirring the risotto is important as this encourages the starch to come out which is what gives it that creamy texture.
Learn how to cook asparagus the right way with our asparagus guide.
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- ½ green chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 150g arborio risotto rice
- ½ glass of white wine
- Half a bundle (approx.125g) asparagus
- 100g peas
- 2 tbsp (10g) grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp (85g) crème fraiche
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- Handful of chives, chopped finely